Why You Should Quit Smoking And Start Vaping In 2017

There is no doubt that e-cigarettes have enormous benefits to public health. This is because they do not have the over 7,000 harmful chemicals found in conventional cigarettes. Of these 7,000 chemicals, at least 70 are cancer-causing agents. It is for this and more reasons, that the vaping popularity has grown into a multi-billion dollar industry. But, there is a lot of wrong information out there about e-cigarettes. This article is here to lay down the truth about e-cigs helping you know why you should quit smoking cigarettes and start vaping in 2017.

Most e-liquids have very little or no nicotine

One misconception that most people have about e-cigs is that they have harmful nicotine content. But this is a lie. The truth of the matter is that their content is very low when compared to that of conventional cigarettes. E-liquid refills have very low to zero nicotine content. In fact, the highest content you might find in most e-liquid refills is 6 mg per ml. You should also remember that nearly all manufacturers of e-cigarettes offer e-liquids with zero nicotine content. What this means is that e-cigs are very safe and vaping is not that harmful to your health as portrayed in some quarters.

Some people will argue that there is no appeal in smoking something that has low-nicotine content considering that you have just quit smoking analog cigarettes, which have high nicotine content. Well, what they do not know is that high levels of nicotine in the liquid will mess with its flavor. You will, therefore, enjoy low-nicotine e-cigs as much as you would have enjoyed high-nicotine cigarettes.

It is not a mystery what the e-liquid ingredients are

There have been claims that the ingredients of the e-liquid are unknown. Well, this is not true. Most manufacturers print the ingredients of their e-liquid in detail on their labels. Most vaping liquids have vegetable glycerin as their main base. The vegetable used is not inorganic, but it is certified organic, which means that you can trust it not to have any chemicals. The purpose of glycerin as a base is to increase the amount of vapor produced when vaping. Another ingredient in e-liquid refills is propylene glycol. This ingredient is used in the manufacture of asthma inhalers, and in fact, it is the main ingredient. The fact that is used as the main ingredient in asthma inhalers means it is perfectly safe to inhale. The purpose of this ingredient in e-liquid refills is to carry the flavor. The flavor used can be either natural or artificial. The choice of which one to use is made by the manufacturer. The other ingredient used in vaping liquids is pharmaceutical-grade nicotine. As mentioned above, not all manufactures add nicotine as an ingredient to their products. But those that do so make them in varying strengths.

Vaping helps smokers quit

We can all acknowledge that quitting smoking is not that easy. But vaping has proven that it can help smokers quit their dangerous habits. A study was conducted on 100 participants. Out of them, 72 were former smokers. Seventy-six percent of the 72 former smokers were vaping daily. All of those using e-cigs took 150 puffs per day for three months using refill liquids with a nicotine content of 16 mg per ml. 94% of those that were vaping daily for 3 months quit smoking, while the remaining 6 percent relapsed. This study proved that vaping helps smokers quit.

Another global study conducted on former, current, and people who have never used e-cigarettes revealed that 72 percent of the users agreed that vaping had a hand in helping them deal with withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Those who reported that they have reduced their smoking due to vaping were 92 percent, and only 10 percent reported that vaping has made them experience the urge to smoke analog cigarettes. When you consider the findings of both these studies, it is clear that vaping can help a tobacco smoker quit.

The Vapor is not as harmful as cigarette smoke

There are two theories out there about the vapor produced by e-cigarettes. One theory is that the vapor produced by this type of cigarette is more harmful than the smoke of traditional cigarettes. The other one is that vaping vapor is not harmful. Well, from the evidence produced in this article, we can confidently say that this vapor is much safer than cigarette smoke.